Step by Step Guide to Root Moto X on Lollipop 5.0
The first and second generation Moto X smartphones enjoy a huge fan base across the world.
Now the Moto X users who have updated their Operating System to the latest version of Android Lollipop 5.0 can root their smartphones as well to enjoy more than 5000 APIs and many other benefits.
The process of rooting is not anything complicated, one just needs to be careful and follow the steps exactly. A step by step guide of the process is provided below:
- Backup all your data stored in the mobile. The SMSs, contacts, call log, images, videos, files, songs, APN and MMS settings and anything else that you need to hold on should be backed up properly before you start.
- Ensure that your mobile is left with at least 50% battery life which is necessary for completing the whole process.
- Go to the settings and enable the USB debugging mode.
- Download the Moto X drivers in your laptop and install it. This will help in connecting your smartphone to the laptop.
- Ensure that the system has full USB read/write access.
Rooting Moto X smartphone on Lollipop 5.0:
- Download the CF Root file and unzip it. Separate Root files for the 1st generation and 2nd generation of the device are available on the web, so you need to download the CF Root file that is designed particularly for your Moto X device.
- Now, you need to enter to the boot loader mode, and to do that first you need to turn-off the smartphone. To enter to the boot loader mode of the device, press the Volume Down + Volume Up and then press the power button and you will land up in the boot loader mode.
- While your device is still in the boot loader mode, connect it to the computer with the help of the original USB cable provided with Moto X.
- After connecting the Moto X with your laptop double click on the root-windows.bat file, which is present in the extracted folder in your laptop and wait for a few minutes.
- Now the root interface will open up on your computer screen and you have to follow the on-scree instructions to root your Moto X smartphone.
- The total process of rooting is expected to take around 4-5 minutes; in case it takes longer you might need to restart the smartphone and then follow the rooting steps once again.
- In case the mobile enters into the boot loop mode, turning off the mobile and then restarting it to root can be the best option.
The process of rooting Moto X on Lollipop 5.0 is quite simple and do not require much time to complete.
Just 10 minutes of time can be enough to complete the steps and avail all the new features of Lollipop 5.0 on your Moto X.
After the rooting process is complete, you can also check if the process was successful with the help of the app “Root Checker” available on the Google Play Store.
Conclusion: Root your Moto X 1st and 2nd generation Smartphones on Lollipop 5.0 through the simple steps mentioned above and enjoy exclusive features.