Motorola Droid Turbo lives up to its name; provides great performance with long lasting battery
Motorola Droid Turbo, also known as Moto Maxx in some countries, is the first phone launched by Motorola in 2015. The brand that is famous for offers some of the best budget smart phones such as Moto E and Moto G, has now launched their latest offering Motorola Droid Turbo with the longest battery as its USP.
Now, as the whole marketing for Motorola Droid Turbo is based on exceptionally long battery life we decided to first discuss on it. So, here is what we found:
What we loved
- The Motorola Droid Turbo comes with a battery of 3900 mAh, which is the highest we have seen in this range still now.
- Even with the high capacity battery the phone is not very thick and comes equipped with almost all the features.
- The Snapdragon 805 and Adreno 420 combination provide excellent backup to the battery.
What can be improved?
- While the company claims to provide a battery backup for 48 hours, the battery lasted around 28-30 hours during testing.
What we loved
- Motorola Droid Turbo comes with two build options the Ballistic Nylon, which has a textured finished and Kelver which has a slippery finish.
- The SIM card slot stays hidden behind the volume key, which is a unique feature.
What can be imporved?
- The textured Nylon finish can accumulate a lot of dust and dirt which can be a little problematic to clean.
- The 5.2 inch display 2K display put this in league with Smasung Galaxy S6 and its likes.
- With a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels, the Droid Turbo comes with a whopping pixel density of 565 PPI. This ensures that the picture quality of this smart phone is razor sharp and HD standard.
- Watching videos and pictures on this phone is real bliss.
What we love:
- The 21 MP primary camera of Droid Turbo is way better when compared with the 13 MP camera of Moto X.
- We loved the crisp and vivid outdoor picture quality.
- The HDR mode is awesome to provide depth and detailing to your shots.
What can be better?
- Like most smart phone cameras this one also looses the picture clarity and resolution in low light environment.
Performance & Software
What we loved:
- The Motorola Droid Turbo certainly lives up to its name. The smart phone powered by 2.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 definitely a clear winner when it comes to performance.
- The phone can handle enormous amount of stress without even a bit of lag time or slowdown.
- Gaming and other heavy duty apps runs butter smooth on this one.
- Also offer some amazing feature such as Moto Voice, Moto Assist and Moto Actions & Display.
Though the Motorola Droid Turbo has few shortcomings in terms of design, the superior performance and excellent battery life surely wins the show. So if you are looking for a power packed smart phone within your budget, you can definitely go ahead with it.