How To Install Android Lollipop OS Official Version On Samsung GALAXY NOTE 3 N900
How To Install Android Lollipop OSThe Galaxy Note 3 N900 from Samsung is a popular Android phablet that was launched in September 2013. The device, available in several variants worldwide is among the most successful Android devices sold by the Korean technology giant.
While the model was launched originally with Android Jellybean, the Kitkat update sweetened the deal later. Now, it is possible to update the OS to the latest flavor of Android, namely Lollipop!
While Samsung will release the Official Lollipop update for the Galaxy Note 3 N900, you can also experience the newest Google OS, through an official build leak.
Getting Lollipop expereience, without wait
This leaked firmware update for Android Lollipop can be applied on the Galaxy Note 3 N900. The nice thing is it is no customized firmware and so there is no need to root your device. You will not risk losing support of Google or Samsung. It contains all official Lollipop features and stability will not be a problem.
The XXUEBOA6 Android 5.0 firmware has its origins in Russia but people using the Galaxy Note 3 N900 in other regions can use it without hassles. The major enhancements included in this build are better battery life, new TouchWiz UI and overall speed boost.
Preparing for the upgrade
Before you can upgrade your Galaxy Note 3 N900 phablet to the latest version of Google’s powerful mobile OS, a few things need to be done:
- First of all, backup the settings and data in your device using third party Android apps.
- Download the newest USB driver for your Galaxy Note 3 N900in the computer.
- Activate your device’s USB Debugging Mode.
- Ensure the device is factory unlocked.
- Ensure the phablet’s battery level is equal to 80 percent or above.
Way to install Official Android Lollipop in your Galaxy Note 3 N900
- At first, you need to download two zip files, namely – the Android 5.0 N900XXUEBOA6 update and Odin v3.09. Keep the files on the desktop.
- Then extract the firmware It will create a.tar.md5 extension file along with some other files.
- Then unzip the other file to find Odin3 v.3.09.exe.
- Now, turn off the phablet to boot in Download Mode.
- Press and hold Power, Home and Volume Downbuttons simultaneously. This will turn on the device.
- Now run the Odin flashing tool in the computer as an administrator.
- When the Galaxy Note 3 is running in Download mode connect it with the computer through the USB cable. Odin will detect the device soon. Upon proper detection, the ID: COM box in the software UI will turn blue.
- In Odin UI, click on AP button and choose the .tar.md5extension extracted earlier. Ensure both Reset Time and Re-Partition options are selected. The Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
- As you click the start button in Odin UI, the flashing process will begin. It will take some time and you should wait.
- Once the process is over, the device will reboot on its own. As the home-screen shows up, disconnect the phablet from PC.
Summing it Up
Honestly there is hardly anything that should deter you from trying the Android 5.0 N900XXUEBOA6 update for your Galaxy Note 3 N900 phablet! It does not void your device warranty and there is no need to root the device either.
You get access to stock Android experience and all features of Lollypop by applying this firmware update. Since it comes for free and does not require much tech expertise, you may give it a shot.